APPLICATION FOR AN AIR OPERATOR CERTIFICATE
An operator applying to the Minister for an AOC shall submit an application:
(1) In a form and manner prescribed by the Minister; and
(2) Containing any information the Minister requires the applicant to submit.
Each applicant shall make the application for an initial issue of an AOC at least 90 days before the date of intended operation, except the Operations Manual specified in 184.108.40.206 and Maintenance Control Manual specified in 220.127.116.11 which may be submitted later than but not less than 60 days before the date of intended operation.
At the time of application, the applicant shall provide all information and manuals required under this Part, and the safety management system documentation required by SMCAR Part 1. Proof that the applicant is a citizen of Sint Maarten; Has its principle place of business and its registered office, if any, located in Sint Maarten; Meets the applicable regulations and standards for the holder of an AOC; Proof that the applicant is properly and adequately equipped for safe operations in commercial air transport and maintenance of the aircraft; and Holds the economic authority issued by Sint Maarten under the provisions of the Luchtvaartlandsverordening (National Ordinance Aviation). Details of staff/managers (experience/training)
ISSUANCE OR DENIAL OF AIR OPERATOR CERTIFICATE
(a) The Minister may issue an AOC if, after investigation, the Director finds that the applicant:
(1) Holds an economic license issued by the Netherlands Antilles under the provisions of article 8 of the Civil Aviation Act and the Decree on scheduled and non scheduled air transport (Landsbesluit geregeld en ongeregeld luchtvervoer, PB 2005 no. 37);
(2) Meets the applicable regulations and standards for the holder of an AOC;
(3) Is properly and adequately equipped for safe operations in commercial air transport and maintenance of the aircraft.
(b) The Minister may deny application for an AOC if the Director finds that:
(1) The applicant is not properly or adequately equipped or is not able to conduct safe operations in commercial air transport;
(2) The applicant previously held an AOC which was revoked; or
(3) An individual that contributed to the circumstances causing the revocation process of an AOC obtains a substantial ownership or is employed in a position required by this regulation.